The main entrance of the Assemblée Nationale is situated square of the Palais Bourbon. In its center, a statue representing the Law, scultpered by Feuchère and set up in 1855. It holds in the right hand a scepter with the hand of the justice, and in the left hand the tables of the Law.
Formerly called the viaduct of Passy, this bridge took the name of Bir-Hakeim in 1949, in memory of a French victory on the Germans in Libya by general Koenig during the battle of Bir-Hakeim in 1942.
This bridge which connects the 15th arrondissement with the 16th, allows a passage for pedestrians, cars, but also for the underground from where we can admire a magnificent view on the Eiffel Tower.
Quiet street around Mouffetard in the 5th arrondissement, the Rue Tournefort has been called Rue Neuve-Sainte-Geneviève from 1550 to 1864. Old buildings but also a literary past. The writer Prosper Mérimée lived there, and Balzac placed in 1819 the pension Vauquer of its novel Le Père Goriot.
From the Mirabeau bridge which links the 15th arrondissement to the 16th, we can admire an exceptional view on the Eiffel Tower and on the Ile aux Cygnes where raises the Statue of Liberty, a smaller-scale replica of the one in New York on Liberty Island.
Offered by the French citizens living in the United States, it was inaugurated in 1889 during the Exposition Universelle to celebrate the centenary of the Révolution. Originally, it raised itself in front of the Eiffel Tower not to turn its back on the Elysée, but at the same time it turned its back on the United Sates what regretted Bartholdi. It is only during the Exposition Universelle of 1937 that the statue was turned westward, the face in front of the United States.
In good weather, have a walk along the banks of the Seine is always a real pleasure. The Quai Anatole France offers an attractive view on the Place de la Concorde and its obelisk. In the background, two impressive buildings, the Hôtel de Crillon and the Hôtel de la Marine.
A dragon made of steel and glass appears from the ground of the square Augusta Holmes in the 13th arrondissement of Paris. Contemporary sculpture of the French-Chinese artist Chen Zhen inaugurated in 2008, it is a fountain where the water circulates inside the dragon's body which comes out from the wall of the subterranean factory of pumping of undrinkable water of Paris, the Austerlitz factory. Only the dragon's head is missing, which leaves a place to our imagination...
The Rue de Solférino, in a lively place of the 7th arrondissement, not far from the Assemblée Nationale, offers an interesting perspective towards the Sacré-Cœur. We also see a part of the footbridge of Solférino and the trees of the Jardin des Tuileries.
Behind the impressive transept of the Saint-Eustache church is a remain of the Hôtel de Royaumont, 4 Rue du Jour. Built in 1612 by Philippe Hurault, bishop of Chartres and abbot of Royaumont, it was destroyed in 1950.