From the Rue André del Sarte who joined the Rue de Clignancourt, you can admire an imposing building with a magnificent carved pediment. This building is the old store Dufayel whose main entrance was here Rue de Clignancourt. The facade was built in 1895 by Rives and the pediment representing "The Progress pulling in its running Trade and Industry" sculpted by Dalou.
Rue Richelieu in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris, stands in the square Louvois a fountain of the same name. Realised by Louis Visconti in 1844, it pays homage to four great rivers of France, the Seine, the Loire, the Saône, the Garonne, represented as female sculptures.
The Town Hall of the 10th arrondissement, Rue du Faubourg-Saint-Martin, is probably the most beautiful Town Hall of all the Parisian arrondissements. In the early 19th century, a city worker and a barracks for the municipal guard occupied this place. The barracks, burned in 1848, was replaced by the former Town Hall of the fifth district, which in 1860 became the Town Hall of 10th arrondissement. The building was very damaged and a competition was organized to build a new one. The winner was Eugène Rouyer. The construction began in 1892 and the new Town Hall was inaugurated on February 28, 1896 by President Félix Faure.
The four facades in Renaissance style have a rich décor with statues, columns, foliage ... An impressive architectural program developed and supervised by Charles Garnier, the architect of the Opéra Garnier. A monumental building which is the most expensive Town Hall among all the Town Hall of arrondissement of Paris.
At the corner of the Rue de Cléry and Rue d'Aboukir, buildings are very narrow... These two streets follow the old route of the Wall of Charles V built in the 14th century, and are parallel. The Rue d'Aboukir is on the rampart and ditch of the Wall, while the Rue de Cléry is formed on the path counterscarp.
The Fountain of the Rivers, on the north of the Place de la Concorde, was erected as the fountain of the Seas, by Jacques-Ignace Hittorff between 1836 et 1840.