Narrow artificial island on the Seine between the 15th and 16th arrondissements, the island "Ile aux Cygnes" is very pleasant for a small stroll away from the noise, and offers a view on the Eiffel Tower.
The Ile de la Cité connected to the left bank by the Pont Neuf, with the entrance of the Place Dauphine and the equestrian statue of Henri IV.
From the terrace of the Institut du Monde Arabe, the buildings along the Quai de Béthune on the Ile Saint-Louis, lit by the evenig light.
The tip of the Ile de la Cité with the Square du Vert-Galant, and the Pont Neuf. Today one of the most beautiful places in the capital, quiet and relaxing, the tip of the island known darkest hours. Ancient swamps, it was laid out in the late 16th century, and it's the place where in March 18, 1314, was burnt alive Jacques de Molay, last Grand Master of the Templars.
The buildings of the island St. Louis lit by the evening light. In the distance on the left stands the Tour Saint-Jacques, which is on the right bank.
The "Ile de la Cité" view from the bridge Louis-Philippe, with Notre Dame and the tip of the Ile Saint-Louis. Considered by many as the cradle of Paris, the "Ile de la Cité" was during a long period the seat of royal and episcopal power, of whom we can see traces today.